Monday, July 29, 2019

Meet Your New Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America 2019: Dextaci


Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America 2019 Dextaci is a familiar face to MGA fans who've been following the career of one of the system's most beloved queens. Who can forget her live, show-stopping performance of "This is the Moment" as 1st Alternate to Miss Gay Western States America 2018 at Miss Gay America 2019? (Can't wait to see what Dextaci wow's us with at MGA2020!)

MGAZINE caught up with the West Monroe, Louisiana entertainer for a quick 5 question Q&A, but first we asked...

How did you choose your drag name? 
I wanted to have some way to incorporate my big name Dex into my girl name. Nothing female had Dex in it so I had to creative. So Dextaci was born!
Above: The newly crowned Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America 2019 Dextaci at Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America. L-R: Promoter Heath Barnes, First Alternate to Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America 2019 Patti Lovelace, Miss Gay America 2019 Andora Te'tee, Dextaci, Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America 2015 Monica Moore, and Promoter J.R. Delauter. Photo by BjKj Illusions.

Now to the Q&A:

1 How did you get started, when did you first do in female impersonation?
The way I got started was very different. In 2007 when I was in high school I was dared to participate in a gag version of homecoming for our school. Dextaci was born when I was a senior in high school.



Above: Dextaci in Talent at Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America 2019. Photo by BjKj Illusions.

2 What has being in the Miss Gay America system mean to you personally?
Miss Gay America has been the biggest rock in my life besides my family. Personally it was taught me, groomed me and shaped me to be a very responsible man. I am forever grateful.


Above: Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America 2019 Dextaci by Nicky Glennon Photography

3 How have you benefited from competing in the Miss Gay America system?
Miss Gay America has allowed me to meet tons of people around the country. The networking and friendships built around this pageant is the true treasure.


Above: Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America 2019 Dextaci by Scotty Kirby

4 Is your family supportive?
My family is supportive 110% They have all been to shows, pageants etc. They love the transformation and make up artistry.

Above: Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America 2019 Dextaci and promoter Heath Barnes. Photo from the Miss Gay Mid-Atlantic America Facebook page.

5 What is your life out of drag?
My life out of drag is just like a lot of people. Work, sleep, shop, socialize etc. I donate tons of time to up and coming drag artists. I also work in benefits locally here in Monroe, LA involving HIV/AIDS education. •



BACK TO THE MISS GAY AMERICA WEBSITE
MGA ON FACEBOOK 
MGA ON INSTAGRAM